You, Your Parents and Your Music

Snoop Lion Everyday.
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:58 am
I wanted to know what your Parents (now and then) thought of your Music.

For my part, my parents were always very supportive. (Like they didn't force me to turn the music down or things like that). My Dad were always interested in "the new" album i just bought.

So i went from hip hop (teenage years) to metal (all years after that till now.....)

NOW....i want to know what your parents think of your music....and the music you listened to in the past years....(or when you were a teenager)

And...if you have kids....what do you think about their music ?
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 am
My grandparents (dont live with my parents long story) don't care, i listen to metal/black metal/death metal/grindcore/metalcore, and the are just like, if it doesnt disturb us why should we care, so i just keep it low and its all good.
3DS Friend code: 3952-7151-0407 (Pm me your code if you add me)
PSN: comminsar
XBL: DanielMaloney66
Steam: comminsar
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 am
Well I am not going to enjoy their country and they aren't going to enjoy metal, hip hop, or punk stuff I like

I enjoy a lot of oldies and classic rock so we can usually find some common ground
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 am
Well my mom enjoys whatever music I put on. My sister hates all my music because she only listens to country. Same with my dad. My brother listens to rap but I got him into Crystal Castles.
twitter: @g1brent
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 am
My dad isn't the biggest fan of most of the music I listen to (Metal), he doesn't care though, he's mainly into the rock from the 60s, like Rush and Pink Floyd. My Mom likes some metal, Mötley Crüe and Guns N' Roses and stuff similar to them. She also like Sex Pistols, Nirvana, and a shit ton of Classic Rock which I love as much as I like metal. So I pretty much like all the music my parents do, and they like most of the stuff I do.
<3 ChaoticMeltdown
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:42 am
I've had to hide a good majority of it, due to having a very christian family all around but whatever. There's still a good amount of it that I can listen to with my dad though like some of the classic rock stuff, or just some plain old psych. Just got really annoying with my parents thinking I'm a satanist or cultist or something, silly parents.
No hope, No future, No fuckin' job
What the fukk am I listening to?

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 pm
My dad has always been supportive, always allowing me to buy whatever I want to and listen to it in the car during family trips. My mom is different. She has hidden albums when I was younger because they were too extreme for my soft ears. Even now if she hears a swear word, she turns it off immediately (I remember having to time my track skipping so that I wouldn't miss most of the song. Examples are Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine and Right Now by Korn). A thing that I find weird is that I could listen to Slipknot in the car without her complaining (Without the songs were you can tell they're swearing), but if I put The Specials, The Tallest Man on Earth, Mr. Bungle or FM Belfast on, she complains.
I thank ChaoticMeltdown for the sig.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 pm
My parents don't care. The only music I have to hide from them is Duane and Brando and brentalfloss. They don't like swearing (I'm 15). They are fully aware I have music like Queen, Foreigner, and Linkin Park. It's not the sort of thing they listen to (my dad listens to jazz, my mom listens to country), but they don't care.

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 pm
I have headphones.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 pm
Jomaravar wrote:I have headphones.

This.

My family revolves around rap and gospel. I live for classical music. So, we go our separate ways.
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
Next

Return to Music